Emergent Order is a unique hybrid: Part creative consultancy, part advertising agency, part production company—oh, and we also produce and distribute original feature films and TV series. Our creative team is growing and we are searching for a talented Art Director with experience in advertising, brand identity design, and video production.
The Art Director is responsible for generating visual concepts and overseeing the production of final design deliverables across all media, including:
- Digital communications, websites, mobile apps and emails
- Marketing materials
- Press advertising
- Television and video
- Logos and branding
The Art Director typically works on creative projects from inception to completion and has overall sign-off on the appearance of the final product. It is the Art Director’s responsibility to translate briefs from the Client, Creative Director, and/or Content Strategist into innovative and exciting campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences.
- Communication skills: Art directors must be able to listen to and speak with staff and clients to ensure that they understand employees’ ideas and clients’ desires for advertisements, publications, or movie sets.
- Creativity: Art directors must be able to come up with interesting and innovative ideas to develop advertising campaigns, set designs, or layout options.
- Leadership skills: Art directors must be able to organize, direct, and motivate other artists. They need to articulate their visions to artists and oversee production.
- Time-management and budgeting skills: Balancing competing priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines is critical for art directors. Establishing and sticking to budgets is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education and experience
- The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of experience as an Art Director
- Interest in and aptitude for creative business and marketing solutions
- Knowledge of web application design and build
- 3D/motion sensibility, broadcast experience
- Experience in Integrated marketing / interactive and broadcast work
- Creation of style-guides
- Will hate my spacing and bullet use in this description