Emergent Order is a unique hybrid: Part creative consultancy, part advertising agency, part production company—oh, and we also produce and distribute original feature films and TV series. Our creative team is growing and we are searching for a talented copywriter with experience in advertising, video production, and digital marketing.
The perfect applicant is a team leader in training, dedicated to mastering the copywriter's craft and honing their skills as a presenter, manager, and salesperson. As an assistant on a small team, you will be expected to do a bit of everything with an emphasis on pitch/proposal writing, iterative script writing, research, and basic proofreading. Applicants must provide relevant work samples and a resume siting film or commercial projects they have worked on. Links to written web-content will be happily accepted.
Great copywriters are jacks/jills of many trades. We ask a lot of them: dreaming up imaginative answers to challenging problems across all media, including digital communications, websites, mobile apps and emails, traditional advertising, video, and branding.
The copywriter will work directly with the Creative Director, actively participating in the proposal, concepting, scripting, and editorial processes. This means pitching concepts to potential clients; working directly with designers, producers, and developers to bring ideas to life; and overseeing the delivery of polished final copy.
What You'll Do:
- Support projects from concept to launch
- Ideate, ideate, ideate: Pitch concepts, big umbrella ideas, branding, social campaigns, video scripts, etc.
- Ensure that copy and creative executions support client business goals
- Collaborate and communicate well with team members across content, design, UX and development disciplines
- Critique and review work from supporting team members to ensure quality execution
- Prepare presentations and participate in pitches for new business and/or offer assistance to pitch teams
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years of experience working as a copywriter in a digital setting
- Exceptional writing and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong interest and understanding of all things digital and social
- Ability to adhere to and/or create voice and tone for brands
- Understanding of search engine optimization